Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mountain Top


I've been organizing my photos lately, going back to 2006 when I first purchased a digital camera and I was living in Japan. This was on top of Mt. Tateyama, about an hour from my home in Toyama. After talking about winter in the last post, I wanted to look through the pics I had of all of us girls on top of the mountain. I love this one because it very much looks like we're lounging on a beach, because of the way the frozen lake in front of us swoops down. Such a great day. Click on the picture to make it bigger to get a better look!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture :)

    That's such a great fake sick story. I definitely did that a few times...faking sick when a snow day would happen the next day or a holiday.

    As for the seitan, don't be afraid. Once you figure out the right simmer setting on your burner, it really just cooks itself. It's a lot easier than it sounds. Give it a try some time and I think you'll be pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (picture wise and sick story wise, haha)

    I'll just have to trust you when you say it's not that hard. Usually I get the pre-made stuff, but everyone says making your own is better. If anything, I've had the wheat gluten in my canister for almost 6 months now, so there's no harm in screwing it up and having a few trial and errors :)

    ReplyDelete