Friday, April 1, 2011

Back to Basics

Tulip Festival, Japan, 2006
Dear 23 Year Old English Teacher Blogger Me- Thanks for writing all that stuff down. 28 Year Old Me would have totally forgotten such random and ridiculous situations, observations, and rants.

Okay, kittens, I think it's time to get back to the storytime aspects of this blog. Lately I feel like I've gotten too wrapped up in cut and dry documenting/picture posting instead of actually, you know, writing stories. I went back today and read a few posts from my old blog during my time in Japan, and it reminded me of why I started blogging in the first place- to share random bits and pieces of the junk that tumble rumbles around in my brain. It might be weird, tangential, sometimes irreverent, often blunt, but that's what it is. I think lately it's just been easier to upload a grip of pictures, caption them, and call it good. I know I've also been so distracted with all the "to-do's" of my life that the thought of writing a more involved, spontaneous, "let's see where this goes" kind of blog post is a meandering writing luxury that I have convinced myself I don't have time for.

I'm going to stop being lazy when it comes to sharing that last little bit. I'm just going to clack away on my computer until I get that familiar feeling of my brain being wrung out like a sponge, when I know that whatever thoughts that have been banging insistently on the back of my eyes all day are finally enjoying their new post-sized home on the internet. For now though, I'm going to curl up with a book. I know, I know, it's Friday but seriously, the last two weeks have been jam packed with fun and adventure, and this weekend will be jam packed with studying, so I'm going to seize some rest and relaxation wherever I can find it. And right now that is in bed, curled up with a fleece blanket, reading about germs and weapons shaping civilization. Because if anything says "party hard, it's the weekend", it's a global social history about biological pressures and inventions shaping civilization. I'll just have to try not to wake the neighbors with my weekend literary shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment