Sunday, December 6, 2009

I've Been Everywhere Man

I absolutely despise, with all of my being, blogger and the way putting pictures up is a supreme pain in the ass. But I was just thinking of everywhere I've been since Oct 2nd, and I figured at the least I could put up a list, so I can go back and make individual posts soon. Theoretically. I might come back here in two months to this post shaming me, but that's a risk I'll have to take. These are not drive throughs, but actual we stopped and visited, stayed the night, touristed it up, etc. places.

Palo Duro Canyon camping in Amarillo

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Mesa Verde National Park in Cortez, Colorado for the cliff dwellings

Camping on the Colorado River in a canyon in Moab, UT

Arches National Park

A week in Salt Lake City

Provo, UT for a day hike and a hot springs trip

North Rim Grand Canyon National Park

Las Vegas for good daytime sightseeing and yummy food- famous vegan donuts!

Los Angeles for a week, including day trips to Santa Monica and the beach, but most we ate a lot of vegan food :)

Seattle- took the train up the coast from LA, favorite city of the trip

San Francisco- almost 10 days all over an hour wide radius of the city and surrounding areas, culminating in 5 days of researching and writing in a little coffeeshop 4 blocks from the ocean

Back to LA for an abrupt pack up.

Phoenix, AZ- exactly how I imagined it would be

Las Cruces, New Mexico- weird Mexican food joint, also from El Paso to Dallas is pretty useless, we should give it back to Mexico.

And now back to Texas! I think we'll be heading to New Orleans sometime soon, and we might be going spelunking in Arkansas. Who can say. Right now, I'm just glad I'm

DONE WITH MY THESIS!!!!

which is really the only reason I had time for this ridiculous and largely pointless blog entry :)

2 comments:

  1. OK, I want your travel schedule! Sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was loads of fun. Even when we camped in 30 degree weather next to a biker club in Amarillo :) Now I'm working on finding employment anywhere I can, but it's so hard- I'm walking for my master's on Saturday, so maybe that will trigger a magical chain reaction in the cosmic consciousness of the job market!

    ReplyDelete