Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Parties

We had Christmas parties two nights in a row on December 11th and 12th thanks to the two places I intern with. It was so nice to have holiday parties to go to, they always get me in a festive spirit.

The party on Saturday night was held at the director's home. It was a potluck, and Bobby made our signature pumpkin chocolate chip vegan cookies- our friends call them "pillow cookies". We usually make them together but this time it was all Bobby.

Yet here I am, kind of implying that I deserve some credit. It's the proud way in which I'm displaying them. I should be ashamed.

On our way out the door. We had a great time meeting new people and catching up with some people we already knew through the organization.
The next night, Sunday, we headed to the party hosted by the other organization I intern with. They held it in their teahouse, which benefits their schools in Cambodia. They were serving mar-TEA-nis and lots of really good appetizers from the Chinese bistro downtown.
I really love the teahouse! It's such a calm and cozy atmosphere. It's been open for a little over a year and I'm excited to see what the future holds for them.
I'm kindly bringing Bobby a beer. I'm a teetotaler, so that drink in my hand is an innocuous mix of sprite and peach nectar.
It was also one of the co-directors birthdays, plus he and his wife (the other co-director) were celebrating 16 years of marriage. Lots of good things to celebrate that night :)

We ended it with mochi green tea ice cream, and then headed home. It was nice to spend leisure time with all the great people I get to work with. I'm excited for the next year of being a part of these awesome organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment