Monday, April 19, 2010

Feelin' Good

Bobby left this morning for Colorado, and after what is hopefully a safe and pleasant 15 hour drive he'll be in what will be our new home. Well, I suppose first he has to actually *find* our new home. We already have heaps of promises to visit, and have decided to get a two bedroom for the space and the ability to accommodate friends and family. We decided on the downtown area if possible, because it's walkable and central to arts and events. I also can't wait to go back to bike riding, my favorite thing about living in Japan was being able to bike everywhere, but Texas is pretty much nowhere near even thinking about considering being bike friendly.

This last weekend was a blur of going away parties, b'day parties, pictures, packing, and organizing everything we needed to do. I slept in on the air mattress we purchased to use my last few weeks here, and eventually to use in the aforementioned spare bedroom. I love the feeling of camping out in apartments, my favorite part about them is when you first move in or are about to move out, and there is so much space and simplicity. All that's left is to move out the borrowed desk and loveseat, and then I'll just pack up my clothes/toiletries and the air mattress in my station wagon and head out. The next few weeks will be filled with family and friends and new babies on the way, so I'll get to see lots of people before I head out.

I'm so excited for this next year. Who knows what will happen, but I'm trusting in good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment