Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Predictions are Pointless

I think almost any question about life- what should I do? where should I go? why pick this over that, or do this other thing? if I obsess enough, will I come to the perfect right answer? can be brushed aside with the following quote-

"...nothing in the world can one imagine beforehand, not the least thing. Everything is made up of so many unique particulars that cannot be foreseen." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Rainer, if you weren't dead, I'd give you a kiss for how perfectly you build a sentence and weave a thought through it. But I'm already in love with one dead poet (what's up Walt? still singing songs about yourself? cool, cool) so I guess I'll just say, yeah. You're right on with this one Rainer, like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment