Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Should Be Sleeping Already

Today was one of those days where nothing in particular went wrong, but overall it still felt like a bad day. Maybe bad is too harsh a word- it felt like a blah day. Melancholy? I think I'm getting closer to what I mean, but I'll stop the branching synonym game here. Everything is going well, but I'm still trying to slide back into my schedule after our trip and random to-do's seem to keep cropping up that feel like they're sidetracking me, even though I know they're not since they have to be done.

On an unrelated topic, I also feel like I'm hitting a wall in my relationship with Blogger. I mean, I make fun of it periodically, and I toy with the idea of switching to WordPress, but frankly I'm a bit paranoid that somewhere in the transfer from Blogger to WordPress my blog will be inadvertently lost. While it's just a random collection of my thoughts and pictures and ramblings on about the Pacific garbage patch and walking shelter dogs, I'd still like for it to not disappear in transit. I'm sure this is a foolish paranoia based in my shaky understanding of the witchcraft and fairy magic that makes HTML code work, but still, it's there. Actually, over all that is probably just good old fashioned laziness at moving. We'll see where that takes me in the coming weeks.

For now, I'll leave you with this suggestion- if you ever want some cheap birth control, pop on by your local grocery store at, say, 5:30 on a weekday afternoon. It's terrifying. The children I encountered today at my local Sprouts- which I still love and patronize despite their shortcomings in certain areas-were so hellish and obnoxious that I swear, at one point, my ovaries most likely detached themselves, slid down my fallopian tubes like a game of Chutes and Ladders, and hastily put a "CLOSED FOR BUSINESS" sign on top of my uterus. It's going to take union strike style negotiations for me to convince them to come back I'm afraid.

With that last nugget of wisdom imparted I'm going to bed. G'nite kittens.

4 comments:

  1. Blogger has a feature where you can download your entire blog on to a XML file, comments and everything. I belive wordpress has a utility to migrate from Blogger... I like wordpress better but I don't like the ads for the free versions.

    Yeah I agree about the children, they're so cute as babies but then it all changes LOL

    If you really want them, have them now! don't wait, you will regret it!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I need to familiarize myself with wordpress for my newest internship project, so I'm hoping that will be the impetus I need to make a final decision on whether or not to move.

    I agree- babies are cute, but *kids* I can take or leave, lol. I'm about to turn 28, and Bobby is 31, so I feel like we should be making the "kids or no kids" decision soon, but right now we're on the "no kids for now we'll see what we think in a few years" bandwagon. It's such a big leap to take, to make a human being and then be responsible for teaching him or her to be a good, productive person. It terrifies me, but honestly if it didn't terrify me that would be the best reason to NOT have kids- it's not something to be taken lightly and I think far too many people do.

    I think I'm going to go look into this wordpress thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are both good looking! make 1 baby lol... besides look how good you turned out, just imagine how you could raise a child. The kids you saw probably had bad parenting skills.

    And the best part about a baby is making it lol so go!!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, we do have some pretty stellar genes, it *would* be a shame to let all those go to waste!

    ReplyDelete