Thursday, March 4, 2010

Newflower, I Love You

Newflower is my favorite grocery store for produce. Their weekly sales beat even Kroger and Wal-Mart, and that's often on *organic* produce. Basically I hit them up once a week, buy about 10 different fruits and veggies on sale, about 80% of which is organic, spend about $20, and I'm set for more than my 5 a day goal. I cook around the sales, so it's buy first, consult recipe books/make up shit on the fly later :)





Tonight was roasted baby red potatoes with garlic, sage, and rosemary; rainbow swiss chard sauteed with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil; asparagus pan fried in a homemade hollandaise type sauce of ginger soy dressing with vegenaise, and some wild rice. Note the eco-friendly cloth napkin and stainless steel bottle. I'm a stereotype. I'm ok with that. Dinner was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment