Saturday, March 13, 2010

27


I had a birthday this past Tuesday, and I'm now 27. When I told the people in my training class I was turning 27, they all told me to shut up, no way, we thought you were going to be 24 or 25!

And this is how I know I'm not going to be good at this aging thing- I was *happy* that they thought I was significantly younger. What the hell?? I thought I was above all that weird age related culturally fostered female insecurity. Something to work on I suppose. I mean, I don't think people are middle aged until about 50, a lot of my friends are much older than me, yet when I think about myself, *I* feel old. Funny how that works.

So let's enjoy this picture of my cake. Vegan, fudgy chocolate cake and peanut butter cream frosting, both made from scratch with Puppy Bob. It was like a Reese's PB cup, but instead of tasting like chemical fakesplosion it tasted like awesomesauce birthday happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    I know...the fakesters creeped me out a little bit, too, but then I tried them and they were actually pretty tasty :) But, yes, the panko really kicks it up a notch. Those darn little crumbs make anything amazing.

    ReplyDelete