Monday, February 23, 2009

Trying Not to Forget

"Remember that you have only one soul; that you have only one death to die; that you have only one life...
If you do this, there will be many things about which you care nothing."
St. Teresa of Avila


This is a picture of me in Japan, on top of a mountain an hour away from my apartment. I can remember this day so clearly. It was like something out of a dream to be on top of one mountain, encircled by others, and to see nothing but snow and sky for miles. I felt like the entire world was nothing but clean, pure white and the blinding light of sunshine in front of the blue sky. We played and made snow angels and had a picnic. The people in the distance were often nothing more than little moving dots. Anytime I see this picture, I remember how happy, and free, and grateful I felt. I was just wrapped up in a simple childlike awe of how overwhelmingly beautiful this world is, and how happy I was to be able to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment