Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obstacles

Dear UTD-
I appreciate your zealous commitment to infrastructure improvement. I applaud your desire to not simply fill a pothole, but to completely reroute every street on campus. Your penchant for detour signs and dead end blockades is second to none. Everywhere I go, in fact, I run into one. Or, I almost run over a worker employed by you to destroy... excuse me, renovate, the roads upon which we all depend in order to get to class in an expedient manner.

What I'm trying to say here, UTD, is that it is clear *your* New Year's Resolution was to fix absolutely everything that had to do with every street necessary for me to get to class. Clearly you were unaware that this would interfere greatly with *my* ability to fulfill my OWN New Year's Mini Goal Resolution kind of thing- which was to experience 1/3 of my free hours on your premises, taking the last classes of my degree. That 1/3 of my time is 100% miserable now. Driving around in desperate random circles as the clock counted down to class beginning was not how I would desire to kick off 6 hours-yes, SIX HOURS- of class on a random Tuesday in January.

You should be ashamed. After all I've done for you- with you! I give you thousands of dollars for the privilege of sitting in painful plastic chairs fighting to decipher various accents for hours on end and this is how you repay me- with a slap in the face in the form of a cruel maze of construction and orange cones and workers who don't look both ways before skipping out in front of my car. I can't talk to you anymore- good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY.

Disappointedly Yours,
Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment