Saturday, November 20, 2010

Toy Story

Bobby and I went to a popular local toy store when his friends were in town, and we played like kids. It's one of those old fashioned down town toy stores that has wooden toys, hand sewn dollies and stuffed animals, a huge picture book section, whimsical, weird kids' accessories, and a second floor loft consisting of an art area and a play area. We weren't the only adults there who were overly excited about how rad it all was. We probably were the only people taking stupid pictures though...


Soo.... this was the creepy window display. A headless girl mannequin pushing a cart in front of a wall of real toast. Not sure if that would be *my* first choice to really draw in the kiddies, but hey, I guess they were really pushing that whole "whimsical" thing.

The view of the main walkway of the store from the loft. Wonderland.

Bobby joined me in the loft, and we found this sweet astronaut helmet.

I was method acting here, imagining what I'd look like if I was seeing the earth as a shiny blue marble from space. Blank faced shock people.

We're vegetarians, so we're not quite sure how the whole hunting thing works. We did our best with what we had to work with.

Dr. Bobby

My irrational fears of being attacked by bears are justified!

And then alligators!

I wish it was this happy in real life.

This sow had magnetic teats, and the piglets had magnetic mouths.

Pig love continues. Doesn't Leviticus have something to say about all of this?!

I remember these license plates being popular when I was a little kid. I laugh out loud every single time I see this.

Shout out to my good friend Abraham, who's currently living in Dubai. Miss you! I apologize in advance if the next picture offends anyone...


Spell it right! Just as I remember these being around since childhood, I also remember never being able to find Courtney without a "U". Some things never change :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh good! I see you're getting ready to finally start having some kids! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"

    "My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

    A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

    Taken from Mark 5:1-18

    The pigs in your picture and your comment about Leviticus reminded me of it so I figured for those of you reading this entry and didn't understand her reference to pigs in the Bible well, now you know :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Arielle- Ha! I love how that's what you took away from all of this :) I'm still in the "no kids" camp at the moment! I'm glad I didn't have to tend to a kid while in that store.

    @Henry- Ah yes, and I had forgotten about that story in Mark as well. Poor piggies- they were pretty maligned.

    ReplyDelete