Monday, December 26, 2011

And So This (Was) Christmas

Last week of school before Christmas break- I actually had time to go out! A pre-Christmas miracle. Also, we look photo-shopped and insane.

Festive downtown


Tree, inside, before (we suspect) it tried to kill me.

Bobby came home from Texas bearing stocking gifts

We checked out the lights display at the park on the way home from the hive-free haven of our friends' house.

Blueberry Lemon Baked French Toast on Christmas morning- I managed to take the most unappetizing picture of it ever. Recipe here if you're interested.

White Christmas!


The hot tub in our new place wasn't up to par, so we drove over to our old apartment and used their facilities.

Antici....pation


Christmas hot tub needs to be a permanent tradition.


I came home and cooked for about two hours. Poppy seed crusted butternut squash and pomegranates in kale salad with homemade dressing; roasted brussels sprouts; pan seared wild caught salmon; roasted fennel with red onions, oranges, and mint; Stove Top Stuffing out of a box (just to mix things up)

After dinner Bobby made a fire, so we could sort of enjoy the tree by the fire. I took a shower and curled up in my robe in front of it with all the lights off and candles lit while Bobby cleaned up after dinner. Then we stayed up talking for a few hours.

Christmas 2011 was great, hives and all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up. After I de-cluttered my internets, I accidentally lost all my bookmarks. I just had to say that I highly approve of your jacking the Argyle hot tub. Awesome. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete