Thursday, March 26, 2009

Breaking Up, Right on Schedule

Dear Master's Degree Program-

I know I'm in a lil' bit of a pickle right now. You might not think I'll be able to pull this all off. That's fine. Think what you will. I'll finish you soon enough, right on schedule. These midterms, and papers, and hundreds and hundreds of pages to read, and 12 hours a week of class, and two hail storms about to set off my work life... whatever. I'm aaaaaaaaall good. In case you were thinking you and I might be together for a little longer, maybe you'll squeeze a few more months out of me...no can do my friend. You knew going into this relationship I didn't want to be together longer than two years. I was upfront about it. Honest.

So don't say I didn't warn you. We're coming to the end of our road together. Shhhh, it's ok. Please quit crying. Stop trying to will me to fail with bureaucracy nightmares and loan issues and class credit questions. You'll find some other girl to torture soon enough. I'll be a distant memory. But for now, I'm going to the library. To take us one step closer to calling it quits. I'm sorry, but I have to do it.

Sincerely,
Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment